Supernumerary Registrars are self-funded individuals not paid by the province who work at one of the primary teaching hospitals, i.e. Groote Schuur, Red Cross, Mowbray Maternity, Valkenberg, Lentegeur, Hanover Park and Manenberg hospitals.
How to join:
- Ask the Department you are visiting to complete an online Third Party card application form on your behalf.
- You will be provided with a Third Party ID number.
- Take this number to the Access Control Administration Office on the Ground Floor, Marine Geoscience Building (off Ring Road).The Office is open 08h00 -16h00, Monday to Friday.
- Here, you will be issued with your Third Party ID card:
- This is a multipurpose card which you can use to access the Libraries, take out books, and make photocopies.
- Your card is not transferable and you are responsible for books issued on it.
- Lost card: If you lose your card, please report the loss to the Library immediately: telephone: (021) 650-3118/3120/3134. You can replace your card for a fee of R60.00, to be paid at the Cashier's office in the Kramer Law Building (Middle Campus). Take your receipt to the Access Control Administration Office on the Ground Floor, Marine Geoscience Building (off Ring Road), to get your new card. The Office is open 08h00 -16h00, Monday to Friday.
- Fill in a Lib91 (Application for visiting staff and academics).This must be signed by the Head of the Department you are working with at UCT.
- Bring your card and Letter of Introduction to the Loans Desk and we will register you on the Library system.
Library materials may only be borrowed if your host Department has signed surety for them in your letter of introduction.
- Borrowing quota: 4 Books
Loan period (books): 14 Days (renewable twice)
Journals, videos, DVDs, music CDs, and LPs may not be borrowed.
Access to Facilities
- Electronic resources: No
- Interlibrary Loans: No
- Short Loans: No
Fees payable: None
Monday - Friday
09h00 - 13h00; 14h00 - 17h30
Monday - Friday
09h00 - 13h00; 14h00 -17h00