Western Cape Government Staff
Western Cape Government (WCG) staff are Provincial staff members working at Primary Teaching Hospitals, i.e. Groote Schuur Hospital, Red Cross, Somerset, Valkenberg, Victoria Hospital, GF Jooste Hospital, Mowbray Maternity and Lentegeur Hospital. WCG staff may only use the Health Sciences and Institute for Child Health Libraries.
Categories of staff include:
- Community Service Doctors
- Medical House Officers
- Nurses [excluding those employed by agencies]
- Occupational Therapists
- Radiographers [Qualified]
- Senior Medical House Officers
- Speech Therapists
- Student Perfusionists [GSH]
- Student Technologists
How to join
- Ask the Department you are visiting to complete an online Third Party card application form on your behalf.
- You will be provided with a Third Party ID number.
- Take this number to the Access Control Administration Office on the Ground Floor, Marine Geoscience Building (off Ring Road).The Office is open 08h00 -16h00, Monday to Friday.
- Here, you will be issued with your Third Party ID card:
- This is a multipurpose card which you can use to access the Libraries, take out books, and make photocopies.
- Your card is not transferable and you are responsible for books issued on it.
- Lost card: If you lose your card, please report the loss to the Library immediately: telephone: (021) 650-3118/3120/3134. You can replace your card for a fee of R60.00, to be paid at the Cashier's office in the Kramer Law Building (Middle Campus). Take your receipt to the Access Control Administration Office on the Ground Floor, Marine Geoscience Building (off Ring Road), to get your new card. The Office is open 08h00 -16h00, Monday to Friday.
- Fill in a WCG Staff Application Form.This must be signed by the Medical Superindendent and counter-signed by the Health Sciences Library manager.
- Bring your card and WCG Staff Application Form to the Loans Desk and we will register you on the Library system.
- Borrowing quota: 4 books
Loan period : 7 days (renewable once)
Journals, videos, DVDs, music CDs, and LPs may not be borrowed.
Access to Facilities
- Electronic resources: No
- Interlibrary Loans: No
- Short Loans: No
- Knowledge Commons: No
- Research Commons: No
Fees payable: None
Monday - Friday
08h30 - 13h00; 14h00 - 18h00
Monday - Friday
08h30 - 13h00; 14h00 -17h00